Sunday, May 2, 2010

Head West




The first European to set foot upon the shores of San Diego was a Portuguese explorer named Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo in 1542. This area became part of the United States after the Mexican-American War in 1850. The region is as diverse as the people that occupy this exquisite place. Golden sandy beaches to the West flow into rolling mountains to the immediate east. The contrasts of the geographical settings are enough to stir ones emotions beyond recognition. Just south is Mexico and only 1.5 hours north is Los Angeles. A year round riding experience awaits the cycle faithful. I love my home state of New York but I can tell you that the wonders of this place can make a man think about moving west. The thought of extending my riding season 5 months is enough to seriously contemplate the move. More photos and posts to come of California.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see that your words become poetic I know something is really impressing you. I guess the combination of the new Harley and the beauty of Cali inspires you.
    -
    Just remember one thing my friend, “It’s not the location that inspires the rider, it’s the rider that inspires the location.”
    -
    I just did another spur of the moment trip to Bermuda and was blessed with two ‘incredible’ night rides. I told my girlfriend that if there is a heaven and I’m lucky enough to get in…this would be my interpretation of eternal happiness.
    -
    Ride safe and savor the moment.
    -
    (Disreguard the last comment,
    it was a major typo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing out there,isn't it? I was born in Merced, an area of CA that I believe has become a bit seedy now...how sad?! Anyway, I too love that area of the country, who couldn't? My favorite part- Big Sur...now that would make for some nice riding! Hope you are enjoying your time in CA

    ReplyDelete