Friday, February 25, 2011

1500 Miles in 24 Hours

Anyone up for completing a 1500 mile ride from NY to Miami in 24 hours? During the first two weeks of May, I will be a rolling adventure of miles. My goal is to complete the IBA http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm 1500 Mile Ride in 24 Hours. The quest will begin in Western, New York and will end somewhere near Miami, FL. I will need to rest up near Miami to recover from driving 24 hours straight then my only goal is to make it to Key West, Florida. After that, the plan is to have no plan. Not sure why I want to complete 1500 miles in 24 hours but I cannot get it out of my head.

I am looking for suggestions on side trips, adventures and restaurants for my return trip back north. Any ideas are welcome.

This will be the first long trip on my new ride. It should be fun. Here is to the upcoming riding season.

9 comments:

  1. 1500 miles in 24 hours…hmmm. May I suggest taking pics of your butt before and after this ride? I don’t think it will ever look the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the ride. Not my cup of tea, but maybe it will be all you hope it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tip would be to read Geoff's post about his long ride in NZ. He did a lot of preparation, so you might get some ideas from him.... http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2010/10/1000-miles-in-21-14-hours-on-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact Wildman at Cycle Source Magazine. He's done several of those rides. Good luck and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading some good stories about your upcoming adventure of miles. Hope you post some photos too. Enjoy the trip, it sounds like you could really use a nice long ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you made it safely! I believe that you will have finished by now. Please don't post the suggested butt photographs! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how have your travels been so far? Any interesting stories? Looking forward to hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's June 4th --- We're waiting.
    (I just love to break balls.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will follow your ride as I'm planning the IBA Border to Border Insanity (Mexico to Canada) in May. That's only 1400 (and change) miles, though!

    The IBA forums have some good info, too.

    ReplyDelete